Friday, February 18, 2011

Flashback Friday: Barbie

Happy Friday, everyone! :D

A little more than a week ago, I went to Toys R Us with my Mom to buy some gifts for her friend's granddaughters. I haven't been in a toy store in years! It was crazy, I remember how much fun I used to have at Toys R Us and FAO Schwartz. :D

So, for a Flashback Friday post, let's take a look back at our favorite childhood toys. Mine is, without a doubt, Barbies. :) What about you?

Photobucket

Dancing Princess Barbie

When I was a little girl, I used to drag my parents to toy stores every week to buy a new Barbie. I had tons of Barbie dolls - and I loved them all! :)

One time, I cried really hard because my older sister decided that Barbie's makeup was too light - she then proceeded to give my Barbie a makeover using colored markers. Oh, and you know how you're not supposed to brush Barbie's hair (yes, even if they come with those plastic brushes)? Yup, my sister wanted to change Barbie's hairstyle... hahaha, oh those days... ;)

Photobucket

Bride Barbie and Groom Ken

I think almost every girl I know played "wedding" with bride Barbie and groom Ken. My sisters and I did - we even forced our little brother to be Ken. Hahahahaha! ;D

Besides bride Barbie, I also had a ballerina Barbie, mermaid Barbie, fairy Barbie, teacher Barbie, doctor Barbie... I can go on and on.

Photobucket

Bed to Breakfast Barbie set

I also had a bed for my Barbie, and little tables and chairs, and other accessories. :)


Photobucket

Zoo Doctor Barbie

Here is one of the "career" Barbies. I remember my favorite was my fashion designer Barbie. :)

I also went to http://www.toysrus.com/ to see what other Barbie items they had. Aaaaahhhh, I felt like a little kid again, getting excited over pretty Barbie dolls and her stuff.



This Barbie is going to Ken's birthday party - you can see the gift she's holding is for Ken.

Her hair and her earrings are gorgeous!

Nice mermaid style gown, Barbie!


I am drooling over Barbie's Louboutins! Especially that shiny pair!



If only doing the laundry looks as cute as that. ;)


Maybe kitchen Barbie inspired my love for baking... :)

Barbie's refrigerator

It doesn't look anything like a fridge, but look how cute the soda bottles, milk carton, and the eggs are!

Look at her pink body wash puff! Cute!

Oh, and besides Barbies, I also played with doll babies. Haha. Did you?

You know those dolls that cry (like the one pictured below), drink milk, and whose eyes close when they "sleep"?

Photobucket

Haha, it's funny to see a toddler carrying around a fake baby. I probably looked funny back then. ;)

Share with us your favorite childhood toys and the stories behind them! :D

Have a great weekend, everyone!

***images (that are not taken by me) are from
www.toysrus.com***

32 comments:

  1. Aw, this is such a cute post! I used to go to Toys R' Us when I was little, and I used to love Barbie. Those were the good ol' days<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sweet post especially because, without a doubt, Barbie was my favourite too. I had such a big collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, you had tons of accessories for your Barbie!

    Fav childhood toys:
    - Lite-Brite: hours and hours of fun;
    - Etch-A-Sketch: and I was pretty good at it ;)
    - My Big Wheel: for the tomboy in me!

    Have a great weekend :)

    -miz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday Mimi Girl! Looks like you had fun at Toys R Us ;)
    Oh, I am a tad older than you, so I loved Strawberry Shortcake, Smurfs, Care Bares, still love em :)
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    xo
    gi gi

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww i loved barbie's too!! there's so many different types now.. have your seen the barbie for christian louboutin?? it's sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reyna-- yep, the good old days!

    Imogen-- aahh, me too! :)

    miz-- oh my gosh, i loved etch a sketch too!

    gi gi-- i do remember watching care bears! ;)

    lisa-- is there another barbie for louboutin? oooh, i wanna see that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww now I want to go to Toys R Us :P I always love looking at barbie dolls but I never really like playing with them..:) Oh it would be awesome to collect them :D

    x0x0

    lifelittlesurprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. those barbies are gorgeous! omg I remember I had one of those Laundry barbie, but I never opened mine lol.

    I also love those baby dolls haha and the walking dolls! the ones that are big enough to walk with you!

    --> Bree

    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved barbie when I was young!

    ReplyDelete
  10. a!k0-- yup, it would be really awesome to have all the beautiful collector's edition barbies! :D

    Bree-- haha, yeah, i remember those dolls you're talking about. :)

    Moniek-- same here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww I miss my Barbies.. they were my first styling clients.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are brilliant - gosh Laboutins - she is a classy Barbie. Love the black outfit, My daughter Tallulah went through the Barbie stage and I was constantly finding those tiny high shoes everywhere. Cracked me up! Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! Barbies were awesome, I really loved them as well. I was a doll kid, my mom was a tomboy growing up so she couldnt believe she got such a girly girl!

    XX
    Jessie
    http://87life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to love Polly Pockets haha but I ALWAYS lost them!

    http://adailyolive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE BARBIES! Reading your post, it makes me want to buy one. I don't know where my mom put all of my barbie dolls. I think she decided to donate them without me knowing. :[

    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL what a flash back! I remember always doing my Barbie’s hair with my mom’s curling iron, and I would typically burn it lol.
    Me and my sister would pretend are Barbie’s were in a high school drama LOL.
    Yes those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww..that is such a sweet post. I used to have a baby-doll that I used to carry around all the time...hahah
    Happy Sunday, sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was obsessed with barbie's when I was little!
    but omg, some of the barbie's you posted have fabulous dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wasn't allowed to pay with Barbies (my mum was a feminist), but I somehow managed to get hold of a fairy princess, so she was my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Barbie and I were buds too! I don't get to go down that aisle much having young boys. I do peek every now and then and I always think WHOA Barbie is hip, fresh and hasn't aged a bit!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my! This brings back memories. My Sister and I would set up a whole wedding. Dress all the guests, etc. But I don't recall the wedding ever happening. I wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this flashback :) Mine were barbies too, I had all the 90210 ones, hahaha :) And also matchbox cars!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I still love Barbie just as much as I did when I was a kiddo! I hope I have a little girl someday so I can play with hers. I don't think the hubs would like it if I bought one for our lil' dude. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  24. So. Cute.
    I would like her mermaid style dress and her hot tub!!! :) Do you remember the Barbie vehicle with the hot tub in the back??

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, Barbie's all grown up isn't she? Is it just me or does she look so much like Paris Hilton?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Barbies and My Little Ponies for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I ♥ Barbies too!:D

    I also played with anything Hello Kitty, Polly Pocket, Paper Dolls, and Legos!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Barbies have changed so much since I was a kid! I remember cutting off their hair to give them bobs. lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow barbies! a blast from the past indeed. my sister (who is 10 years older than me) would cut and die their hair for me, much to my disapproval. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. hi everyone! thanks for your comments and thanks for sharing your childhood toy memories with us! :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love Barbie:) Since I will have a baby girl on June:)) this is a helpful post for me:)))

    ReplyDelete