Tuesday, December 20, 2011

H&M: Christmas Outfits

Happy Tuesday! :)

Christmas is only a couple of days away, and I'm sure everyone has holiday parties to attend here and there.
And of course, part of the fun of holiday parties are the outfits we're gonna wear, right?!

We've covered our gift list and our menu -- it's now time to talk about what we're gonna wear. ;)

I was on www.hm.com and I made four different outfits to show you guys what I would love to wear for the various Christmas celebrations I will be attending this holiday season:

1. I will be meeting up with my closest friends (the ones I mentioned on my Christmas gift list!) for a night of board games, catching up, food, margaritas, baked goodies, gifts, DVDs, and all that good stuff.

It's our little Christmas tradition and I am so so so excited!


It's gonna be a relaxed kind of thing -- just us spending some much needed quality bonding time together and catching up with each other's lives -- so for that, a simple outfit like the one above is more than perfect!

I love pairing oversized knit sweaters with super skinny pants or leggings. Ballet flats are the perfect shoes for this outfit. Simple stud earrings, a long necklace, and a bun complete the look.

2. We are also gonna have a mini-high school reunion. 
My friends and I are gonna go to dinner with a bunch of our high school classmates -- it's been three years since we last did that, so yup, it's gonna be interesting.


As for the outfit, I'm thinking something like this.
Sleek, black leather pants paired with a white tank top and a pretty purple cardigan.
I'm gonna finish the ensemble with black pumps, chandelier earrings, and a high ponytail.

3. Every year, my family and I go to church on Christmas Eve.
After church, we go home, we eat, and we open our gifts.


For Christmas Mass, my sisters and I wear dresses -- it's a bit of a tradition. ;)

I think this tube dress is perfect -- it's both dressy and simple, and the length is just right for church. 
I would use a leather jacket to make the look a little edgy, while the chandelier earrings, high-heeled sandals, and wavy hair keep it girly.

4. Christmas celebrations continue on until the next morning.
Our cousins and other relatives come over the next day for Christmas lunch (and more gifts!).


For Christmas Day, we usually go for a more casual ensemble.

This white sweater dress is absolutely perfect!
 I would wear it with tights -- gotta keep my legs warm (although, I think we're gonna have a warm Christmas this year!). Add ankle booties, stud earrings, and a side braid to top off this fun and casual Christmas look.

I am excited that it's time to celebrate Christmas again!

How are you celebrating the holidays?
Which of these four ensembles did you like the best? 

-------------------------------------------
P.S. Three more days left to enter my $100 Shopbop gift card giveaway!
To enter, please click here.

Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)

41 comments:

  1. CUTE! Such great sweater choices :) xxAnisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these outfits! My favorites are tied between the first and last outfits - I am crazy about oversized knits this season! Can't beat it.

    I hope you have a ton of fun celebrating with friends and family this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anisa-- i'm glad you think so! :)

    Dree-- thank you! i hope you have a fantastic holiday season as well! :D oh and i also loooove oversized knits! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet outfits! So love the sweater in the last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful sweater whit stars...

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of them are very cute!!
    Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all these outfits! I need to get some leather pants asap. I keep seeing them and every time I think I need those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello darling! Congrats on the feature! I love these looks, they are perfect for each occasion! I think the first and last may be my favs...I'm so into cozy sweaters lately. :)

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I love your choices.I especially like 3. outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all really cute outfits! I love the first one and the last one. I've been liking the oversized, chunky sweater trend this season. I think it's really cute. Have fun on all of your Holiday plans!!!

    Happy Holidays!

    Come and enter!
    In Love With Fashion Giveaway.

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think u found completely matching and appropriate looks for each occasion!! I love so much the third one!;)
    kisses
    Jelena (glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love all the outfits! they all look very comfy and cute !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the gray dress and jacket best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ellie-- i love that one too!

    coco- :D

    Alana Christine-- i do like all of them too, haha. ;)

    Marisa-- me too, it's definitely at the top of my list. ;)

    Rachel-- cozy sweaters are great!

    Miss L-- aww, thanks! i'm glad you liked them!

    Carrie-- thanks! i hope you have a fantastic holiday season too!

    Jelena-- aww, thank you! i'm happy you think so!

    Sia-- :D

    Cici-- yup, comfort is very important. ;)

    Marie a la Mode-- thank you! you'd look great in all of them. :)

    Meri-- it's a nice combo, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your christmas celebrations sound like a lot of fun! The outfit i am most likely to wear is number 1, but i would love to wear the other ones too.

    --Olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Olivia-- haha yup, they are gonna be so fun! and i think outfit #1 is so simple and so comfy, and it would look great on everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the first look!
    now a follower of your lovely blog :)
    xx

    follow back? eyespyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous outfits, you always have great posts! I love the second outfit with the purple jacket. XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute. But I think my favorite is the first one, it looks so comfy! I love it. I really want an oversized sweater.
    What color is your hair originally? You dye your hair black, dark brown???
    I wish sooo badly that I looked good in DARK hair :) I wish I could wear black hair.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute. Those are really amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, I am loving the first and third looks the most - tres fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these different Christmas looks!!! It's so much fun to find new outfits for Christmas and NYE!

    Hope you have a great day! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like n.4!!! that sweater looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all the looks!!! Thanks for sharing and happy holidays :)

    xoxo
    Anni

    Grapefruitprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. those are really fabulous outfit picks!
    unfortunately, i haven't done any christmas outfit shopping yet :( but you've given me a bit of inspiration!

    lovely blog, by the way!
    take care --
    alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. That last look is super cute, I'd wear that to a holiday party!

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love these outfit ideas! I have not been to H&M for the longest time, I know! It is quite unbelieveable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. hey mimi,
    thanks for the comment on my blog,
    i do go through ur posts and i love them all.
    well i am loving the brown long sweater, i am looking for one same like that but we don't have the H$M store in here Nepal.
    Too bad for me !
    http://silenceriver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. eye_spy-- thanks for following! :)

    Second Hand Rose-- aww, thank you!!!

    Ash Louise-- i love how comfy that one looks too! my hair is brown, but i like dying it a more reddish-brown color. ;)

    Vivid Virginia-- :D

    Erika-- :D

    Stephanie-- yup, i definitely agree!

    Francesca-- :D

    Anni-- happy holidays!

    Alexandra-- aww, thanks! and i'm happy i was able to give you a bit of an inspiration. :)

    seekingstyleblog-- i'm glad you liked it!

    just tututiny-- i haven't been there in a while too, and yup it is quite unbelievable. ;)

    Ihamo-- you're very welcome! and i hope they open one over there. :D

    Veronica-- :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love outfit #4! I would love to wear that one too.:)

    Love, Belle

    ReplyDelete
  31. Belle-- i love that one too, so casual but chic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such playful outfits - I like the one with the purple jacket best. Purple is such a royal colour too. No christmas outfit shopping for me - I prefer to shop after the holiday rush. Merry Christmas you my lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. That top outfit is perfect!

    Reese
    http://rambleswithreese.etsy.com
    http://rambleswithreese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. p.s. love that quote at the top. so true! And thank you for your comps on my card. It took a long time but I enjoyed making it.

    Merry Christmas Mimi!!

    Reese
    http://rambleswithreese.etsy.com
    http://rambleswithreese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fashion, Art and other fancies-- shopping after the holiday rush is actually very smart! ;)

    Reese-- you're very welcome! merry christmas to you too, reese!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the last outfit :D especially the sweater dress and boots ^^, OMG Christmas is so near... I miss it.

    x0x0

    lifelittlesurprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. a!k0-- i knoooow, it's almost here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  38. All of these ensembles are fabulous and perfect for a California Christmas! I love look #2 and #4 the best. ;)

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  39. Bree-- aww, thanks, i'm glad you think so! :D

    ReplyDelete